Monday, April 27, 2009

It's Finally Happening

This past weekend Jocelyn is officially walking!! Even though she just barely turned one and it is totally normal it seemed like it took forever. With that being said, it has been so fun to watch her progress every day. From walking along the furniture, then walking to and from people and eventually taking those first steps on her own. And now she is walking all over! I feel like I missed out on so much her first year that I never really got to see the whole process before. I am so grateful I get to be with her so much now. The pictures below have nothing to do with her walking just a little bit of our fun times at home.

Jocelyn sitting in our backyard attempting to pick dandy lions.


Oh what a peaceful picture sitting among the flowers.

Yeah she was totally just playing in the dirt.

7 comments:

McKell said...

First of all, I can't believe Jocelyn is already ONE!! Crazy! She is so adorable and walking, yay! And I'm glad someone else is like me in the mornings! Haha. Seriously, I HATE HATE mornings. But yes, I finally did realize that you get lots done if you wake up earlier...but the next day you are super tired! Maybe after having kids I will become more of a morning person...or I will be lucky like you and my kid will sleep in till 8 or 9! That's very lucky Shawna! :)

Travis and Becca said...

Shawna! I am so excited to find your blog! Jocelyn is so stinking cute! She looks just like I would imagine you would look like as a baby! I have only seen her once and she is already a year old! How exciting!

Karissa said...

Yeah for walking! Just think of all the injuries just waiting for her...not that I'm wishing that on her, it's just a fact. I'm impressed with your increased blogging, I love seeing what you are up to!

Erin said...

It was so much fun watching her walk around at church. She is growing up too fast, but she sure is fun to watch.

Trent, Heather & Briggs said...

She is such a cutie, we haven't seen you guys in forever and I can't believe how big she's getting. It was nice talking to you yesterday hopefully I was of some help, seriously call anytime. We should get together one of these days.

Ashlee said...

Cute Pics! Congrats on the walking-and you thought life was busy before. Now she'll be into everything!!!

Ali said...

Hey you! Love the pics of little miss cutie-pie! She has such funny expressions on her face all the time. Missing you a ton at work still :( Al